Mitchell Williams is the only law firm in Arkansas with a practice specifically dedicated to the marketing segment of the petroleum industry. Our petroleum marketing team of lawyers has extensive industry and regulatory experience having served on the staff of the United States House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee, as Assistant General Counsel to the Petroleum Marketers Association of America in Washington, D.C. and as legal counsel to the state’s key petroleum industry trade association, the Arkansas Oil Marketers Association.
We represent companies and facilities that terminal, wholesale, retail and transport various petroleum products. Our clients include companies that operate and/or supply terminals, bulk plants, truck stops, service stations and convenience stores with branded or unbranded petroleum products.
Our capabilities and experience include:
- Acquisition and sale of fixed base operators (FBO) and aviation facilities
- Distribution of petroleum products and issues associated with petroleum terminals, petroleum pipelines, petroleum marketing operations and underground storage tanks
- Wholesale and retail facility leases, distribution and supply agreements, property acquisition agreements and vendor contracts
- Drafting legislation and participating in rulemaking related to the marketing segment of the petroleum industry
- Due diligence issues associated with petroleum marketing properties
- Federal and Arkansas underground storage tank regulations
- Arkansas Petroleum Storage Trust Fund issues
- Class action litigation involving “hot fuels” issues
- Defense of common law third-party contamination claims
- Petroleum Marketing Practices Act litigation and transactional issues
- Arkansas Franchise Act and litigation
- Dealership/franchise litigation
- Antitrust litigation